Monday, January 11, 2010

Week One

So, going into week two of our 52 week bible reading, we'd like to dedicate this blog to reflecting on what we've read that day or that week. If any verses or chapters stood out to you, if you have any questions, or anything at all, you can post them here~

I guess I'll start the first reflection about my first week doing the Bible reading ^^

Last week, I read about how much God loves me in Genesis 1-3. During creation, God loved us even before he created us. It seems like he put the most thought and effort into creating us. For everything else, he kinda just spoke them into existence. But for humans, he put a lot of careful thought and actually created us in his image and made us rule over all of his creation. He blessed us and gave us everything. (ch1 v28) He loved us so much that he just gave us everything, all the beautiful work of his hands.
I wonder if God knew of me during this time, when he was creating Adam, if he knew my name? Probably =) .

And even after Adam and Eve fell away from God by sinning, he still showed his love for them. Even after they broke his heart by doing the one thing he asked them not to do, what kept God from just wiping them out and starting over? Or better yet, not creating any more flawed humans? But no, he proceeds to make clothes for them to cover up their nakedness! (ch 3 v 21) Wow. This blows my mind!!!! O.O

Thank you, God for loving me despite all of my flaws and brokenness. You see everything, yet you don't hesitate to cover me in your grace and redeeming love. I love you, Lord.

~ Manuela

No comments:

Post a Comment